Sunday, February 07, 2010

Financial Aid

I was having breakfast with my family this morning and had this exchange with my Sis.

Sis: I have some Kenyan Shillings you can use.
Me: How come you have them? You went to Nairobi before?
Sis: No. I just have a few cents because some guys at INSEAD came up with a fund raising idea to raise money for poor people by collecting spare change in all currencies and distributing the money.
Me: So you were one of those who helped?
Sis: No.
Me: Then you were one of the poor people?
Sis: ..... No.
Me: Then how come you have the money?
Sis: I was given the money. The idea sounded smart but turned out to be quite dumb. It doesn't quite work out because the poor people would still need to change the money.
Me: So you are one of the poor people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home