Thursday, November 05, 2009

Dinged 1/3

INSEAD replied. I got dinged.

I can't say I'm not disappointed but I'm not surprised either.

My INSEAD application wasn't strong. I wasn't entirely sure of it when I sent it out and I guess that's where I slipped up. Especially after having written better ones for LBS and Chicago and sending the application in early without rethinking it over. I think I ought to kick myself really hard for doing that. So I guess I deserve getting dinged.

I am disappointed still. Because what are the chances that LBS and Chicago evaluate their applicants the same way? Quite high I believe.

So despite having stronger applications for LBS and Chicago, will I still make the cut? Admittedly, I still feel a certain element of uncertainty in each of them. Largely because I don't know how the other applicants are like and partly because I don't feel like I stand out enough or have anything concrete to crow about.

In other words, I'm wondering whether I am ready or even suited for these b-schools.

LBS and Chicago have yet to reply so I have 2 more chances. I always sucked at one point scissor, paper, stone games and fared better at the "best of three" ones. Let's hope it'll be the same this time.

Fingers and toes crossed crossed crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home