Monday, October 19, 2009

Suspense

All this suspense is killing me.

I submitted the last of my applications to my first three choice business schools last week - INSEAD, LBS and Chicago GSB. After a couple of months of much self-reflection and much essay writing/editing, the applications finally went out. How strong they were I do not really know. I do know that the later applications - LBS and GSB - were probably better written than the INSEAD one. Fortunately, I would much prefer getting a favourable reply from LBS than INSEAD.

Still, if INSEAD doesn't like my application, I'm not too sure how LBS or GSB will view it. I'm inclined to believe that they think along more or less the same grain.

So now, I'm just waiting for some form of reply. If they like my application, then I'll get invited to interview. If not, I'll get dinged. It is uncertain times like these that I dread somewhat. If I get dinged, then what?

I'll probably apply for other schools. Except, I'll probably be applying into their second round admissions which is not ideal.

Or I could apply to do a Masters in Finance instead. That's my contingency.

Or I'll end up going back to work. Which isn't that bad an idea. Only thing is then what am I going to do with myself? For some reason, I don't really want to do that - go back to work. Not because I'm feeling lazy. On the contrary I want to work and I'm trying to keep myself occupied. It's mostly because I want a job that I want to work in and unfortunately that kind of job doesn't show up easily or is gotten easily. Not with my background and experience so far.

I could just do something, anything, and apply again later. That's not off the table yet.

Ah well.......if only I had an idea of what's going on with the admissions committee right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home