Friday, October 30, 2009

Being Happy

A meaningful quote I found on the net.

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirement of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about."

~ Charles Kingsley ~

Right. Now bring on the food, the cars and the money! I'm enthusiastic about comfort and luxury!

Honestly, although I do find the quote very true and I realise many would agree with me in its widespread acceptance, I seriously wonder how many people actually realise the real depth of its meaning.

Put it this way, as I always like to view things, how many people will actually believe in it when they are in an uncomfortable situation (i.e. no income and an uncertain future)?

How many people will realise that comfort and luxury are the by products of having an enthusiasm for something instead of seeking comfort and luxury and thus having the enthusiasm for something?

It is probably a very idealistic thought because do such things really exist? I kind of doubt that they do. At least not on this little island I live on. Perhaps in the countryside where people realise self-sustainability and stability through means other than monetary.

Still, it is a nice quote to have and believe in as we move along our daily lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home