Sunday, November 01, 2009

Conversations

It's been awhile since I've posted one of these. I guess that's partly because my Sis hadn't been in sg for quite awhile. Now that she's back on a permanent albeit choppy basis, we've begun to have such conversations again. It's good fun. I'm quite happy we are doing this again. Much better than staying in my own head for msot of the time.

We were reading the papers in my dad's car on the way to breakfast this morning. Our usual Sunday breakfast routine. I saw a comic strip about one of those training seminars that can turn you into a millionaire through trading or entrepreneurship and it had the word "sceptic" in it. Wondering how "sceptic" or "skeptic" should be spelt led to my trying to find the correct spelling on the net.

Me: Oh look. There's a skeptics' society.
Sis: Really? Can I join? What benefits do they offer?
Me: It'll be quite pointless for them to have any benefits right?
Sis: Why?
Me: They'll all be skeptical about it.

And on the way home from breakfast, while my dad was expounding on the advantages of having a SLR camera and the care for one.....

Dad: And you have to clean it ....
Sis: That's the troublesome thing if I'm going to get one.
Me: Don't you need a dry box (i.e. a cabinet with dehumidifier) to store your camera?
Dad: Ya. You need one. I have one.
Me: *To sis* It's a tupperware box.
Sis: ....
Dad: Ya. And I collect those little packets of silica gel from food packets to put into the box and keep it dry.

A true Singaporean family, aren't we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home