Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How Now Brown Cow?

I really feel like I've been too stuck in my own head for this early part of my life such that I'm only now finding a direction to head into. The consequence is that now things are kind of an upward struggle.

I guess when a person is young, he/she can afford to make mistakes and switch directions during his/her studies. It is less easy when it is time to start work. So ideally, if a person can manage to find a direction and stick to it at least from the point of tertiary education, he/she should do quite fine right up till retirement assuming all goes well.

The funny thing is that I don't think many people actually manage to find that direction and stick to it. Or rather, not many people find a field of interest they like early on and stick to it. Some don't find it but aren't too bothered and just continue with the natural progression of things.

There are many times I think I should just do the same.

Right now, I have absolutely no idea where I'm headed. And every route seems quite jammed up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home