Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Cold Feet

So I got accepted into EDHEC's MSc in Finance course. The email came in yesterday. And with all honesty, I can't say I'm thrilled or very enthusiastic about the now very real prospect of going over to Nice to study.

Yes, this is me having cold feet.

My dad related to me how my Sis turned down an offer to study in Carnegie Mellon several years back when she was about to enter university. For what reason, none of us know. I never asked her about it and I don't think I will but I gather the sense of uncertainty I feel now is similar to what she felt then.

I was making my way to the doctor's about a cold last evening after reading my acceptance letter. And walking along the street, I realised how I could be missing out on quite a lot of things during the year away.

I guess in that way, my Sis' situation with Carnegie Mellon was largely more different than mine now - she would have been gone for a far longer period of time. Hence a lot more scary.

It will probably take me some time before the idea of studying overseas warms up to me again and also before I get another bout or two of cold feet. There's still roughly six months to go before the school semester starts and I still have three more applications out there yet to come back to me out of which two are schools I would really like to attend. Even then, I doubt that acceptance into either one would make the feeling of uncertainty easier to overcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home