Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Morning

The morning began rather oddly. It started with a weird dream of being bottom half naked standing in the lift lobby at S's block. No clue if that meant anything but my guess is that if it did, it would probably symbolise some insecurity I have. For now, I'm quite happy to leave it as something funny.

The beauty of being on a long break is that I get to wake up on a cool morning with less care in the world and catch that little window of serenity that occurs just before the rest of the world stirs. Sometime 6-ish, before 7. And, that cool little breeze that passes by each morning is quite literally a breath of fresh air, refreshing while it wafts up my nostrils as I take it in and all of my surroundings with it.

sorry, obviously my vocab is not very good. :p

Anyhow, I digress. Back to the odd morning.

Was at the doctor's for a medical screening first thing after I had washed up. And after giving some blood, urine and stool sample, talking to the doc about health and cholesterol levels, i head to the coffee shop next door. and yes, proceeded to fill myself with a bowl of fat laden, sodium infused noodles. the irony.

and ohyes, i washed the noodles down with a cup of teh-si. this after hearing the doc's advice on the unhealthy aspects of coffee shop drinks. im my defense, he was talking about condensed milk and about coffee. teh-si is tea. with evaporated milk and sugar.

i am incorrigible i know. :p

and i had dessert, a puff thingy with chocolate filling. for breakfast.

~ . ~

just saw michelle chia on the telly. she was hosting a foodie show on location in geylang, singapore's red light district. she has a lively and bubbly style of hosting. like most sgporean/hk/taiwanese tv show hosts. i find it alittle pretentious but i have nothing against it.

only thing was, she was wearing a tight, form fitting t-shirt that had the words "Année Erotique" printed across the front.

how do the producers expect people to concentrate on the food with that bouncing all over the screen?!?!

anyhow, "Année Erotique" translates to "Erotic Year" in case some of you are not aware. and it is the title of a song too. the lyrics.....go search. im not about to post them here. it is in french by the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home