Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Gallow Humour

They were supposed to do some pest control thingy in the office today. Probably some fumigation or something during the lunch hour. Led to a some funny exchanges with and comments from my boss.

R (a colleague): I feel weak.
C (my boss): Then you better get started on that report then.
R: So that's how it is now.
C: Yea. You probably have two weeks left to live.
R: *Stands up to look around the area* I feel dizzy.
C: You know if you are dying you shouldn't be standing up.
Me (to C): You know you shouldn't be giving a dying man such advice.
C (thinks, then turns to R): Good luck.

C: I should get on the phone with A (his boss) and tell her that I'm working on this report while I'm getting fumigated and suffocating. This is considered billable time. Yea, that's what they'll put on my tombstone, "100% utilised till the last hour".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home