Saturday, June 20, 2009

Revelations

Following my previous post on finding a hobby and in comparing the main theme, or lack thereof, of my blog, I realise that unlike some others, I currently do not have a certain....interest in my life. Some enjoy fishing and devote much time on it finding out about where are the good fishing spots, what is good bait, fishing techniques, etc. Others make blogging their main interest e.g. xiaxue, mrbrown.

im quite sure with the mention of those names, if someone were to google either names, this blog would pop up somewhere now. back to the main point....

but looking back, i find that i do have interests and hobbies. just that i've given up or stopped on most of them. largely due to either a short attention span or the choice to devote my time on so called "personal development". in doing so, i've forgotten that hobbies and interests make for development too and that i've emphasized too much on building a career and furthering my studies.

most of all, while studying for my GMAT the other day at S's place, I came to the realisation that I had forgotten the most important thing about living and developing myself - to have fun in the process.

i've set goals in my life in the hope of attaining them. but whilst i've told myself time and again, and even said it to my sister during one of our arguments, the process counts as much as the end point, i've forgotten to actively make sure i enjoy this ride regardless of its destination. bcos ultimately the journey dictates the destination just as the desire of the destination dictates the beginning of that journey.

i need to stop reflecting so much too. im doing too much of it now for my own liking. problem with all this reflection is that it goes round in circles and a person can get caught up doing just that, going round in circles, and end up not doing anything at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home