Thursday, June 25, 2009

Disappointment Stings

It really does. Especially when there's nothing to blame the cause of it on.

I took my GMAT today. And while I did as expected for the quantitative portion, I totally screwed up my verbal section. I just did not focus enough. My mind was wandering to every little thing here and there. I wasn't reading the questions right and had to re-read them more than once on several occasions. I was too unsure of my answers half the time and spent too much time dwelling on each question. I wasn't practicing what I had practiced during those practice tests.

I think what stings just as bad is the self-doubt. Perhaps I am only that good?

Makes a person want to give up and throw in the towel and forget it all when that kind of self-doubt comes bubbling up. Why not get a desk job and stop pushing yourself so hard? That sounds very tempting right about now.

I am getting myself into B-school one way or another. I'll take one more shot at the GMAT. One more shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home