Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pipl

on the topic of social networking/networks......

but before that, i don't know whether to love or hate the spell checker in FireFox. for one, as in my prev post, i have peeve for language misuse so this spell-checker shld be one of my best frens. but on the other hand, i would like to use the occasional short-form to ease my typing without my whole post looking like one of my result slips that my teachers used to hand to me in school - full of red marks.

the thing doesn't even have the word FireFox in its dictionary. but spelling Mozilla instead of mozilla is correct. duh.

anywayz, back to the topic of social networking/networks. reason for my posting on this only now is perhaps due to the fact that i have a near zero social life. another reason could be due to a recent revelation. my sis has a friendster account~! i find that unbelievable actually. tho i dun think that it would be an impossible feat on her part. my sis doesnt warm up to these social networking things easily. also cos when friendster came about, she was pretty much too busy with work to explore it. but evidently now she's taken the time to do so.

which leads me to think that maybe i should do the same. my friendster account was created eons ago but ive never bothered to log on to it until now. in fact, J is not even in my list of friends. maybe cos she's not jus a friend.

i would believe someone to be smiling to herself right about.......now.

not all my closest frens are on the list either. which means my list is very small. in fact, jus to give an idea of how small, i have only jus breached the 2 digit mark. compared to the 2 girls in a recent newspaper article who have thousands of "frens" between them in friendster-like sites, i must be a bloody hermit. forget them, compared to some of those on my list, im the one sperm in an elephant's used condom which is their list of frens.

well........all that said and done, i do believe that at the end of it, networking sites aside, there are only that many pple one can hang out with often enough.

perhaps i will build up my list jus for the sake of some soul-searching. if i have the time to do that too.

so here comes the big question, shld i or shld i not add the FireFox spell-checker to my list of frens?

P.S. here's a people search engine for those who might wanna search for others.
www.pipl.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home