Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rants and Ravings........ P.S. sorry joel

i do realise one thing since i started work. and that is i have pretty much lost all resemblence of a social life. and being in the IT line does not help much. conversations with my notebook is not exactly stirring. neither izit good for my sanity. as it stands now, you could count, using one hand, the number of pple i hang out with on a regular basis. of which the amount of time i spend with 1 of the five has wat many might qualify as the proper meaning and context of "regular".


this observation has been made several times btwn myself and a fellow course-mate from NTU who now happens to be working in the company which is a client of mine. we have lunch every now and then. incidentally our gfs were course-mates themselves too.

but before i carry on, here's another exchange i had wif J today while shopping ard suntec/marina square. i consider it a stroke of bf survival master class. it might turn out to be helpful for some of the guys out there.

*after my answering one of those questions which require my agreement with her on a certain observation she made*

J: You are lying. You are jus trying to patronise me.
Me: No. I'm not.
J: Yes you are. You are not telling the truth.
Me: No. I'm not lying. I'm just agreeing with your point of view.

I do believe there is a certain amount of dissection of the conversation to be done here. agreeing with her point of view does not mean i agree with her. it can mean that. but it can mean that i agree with the position that she's coming from but not the opinion that she actually holds. there is a difference.

and to end off my rant........

looking at how im posting consecutive entries based on my exchange with J has made me remember the observation i made with my on-off lunch buddy. thus i realise how much i need to get my social life back in order. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy y'know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home