Friday, July 06, 2007

Feeling Donkey-ish

things are feeling alittle surreal at the moment.

here's the situation. i have a job offer at hand. it's a great job opportunity. something that i had been studying towards during my education. now it is finally abt to become a reality. my original dream job is abt to be handed to me. all i have to do is say yes.

and here comes the but.....

but on the other hand, i have found that to pursue my ultimate career goal, it would be wise for me to switch to a different profession as early as possible. and frankly, im not sure that my original dream job is that great after all to make me stay in my current line of work.

to make matters alittle less clean cut, fate has gone ahead and dangled 2 other job possibilities in front of me.
Job 1: not the ideal direction to head to my target profession of choice but not too bad a start point. i have gone for the second round interview. there's a 50-50 chance of getting it.
Job 2: good start point to the other profession. it's not an interview yet, i have submitted my reply to a questionnaire they emailed me and they have agreed to give me the first interview slot tomorrow if they do find my answers to the questionnaire suitable.

and here's the reason why those 2 jobs are dangling: Time.

the timing of the occurrences of these events are putting me in a fix. i have to give the job offer an answer soon. i think i can only delay the decision for max a wk. but job 1 cant give me an answer until 2 wks and job 2 is the bloody worst. i applied for it mths ago and only now they get back to me. i feel like im being toyed with the proverbial carrot on a stick.

in a sense, the decision is pretty clear cut. i shld be taking the job offer. cos it's the only concrete one right now. the experience will give me good skills and exposure to aid me in any new endeavour i choose later. a bird in hand is worth more than two in the bush.

but.......

i could throw the fish back and hope for a bigger one..........or i could end up without anything in my hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home