Thursday, April 27, 2006

Gastric Issues

after a mid day snack of hot chocolate and chocolate butter cake, i had this conversation with my dad who was back from work........he's working from home or so he claims.....his company allows that policy, but im more inclined to believe he's jus "pontang-ing" (playing truant)......

Me : So PAP has not come back to power.
Dad : uh-huh. *reading the paper*
Me : I'm hungry.
Dad : It's a viral infection. *reading the paper*
Me : Huh?
Dad : You've got a viral infection.
Me : That's why I'm hungry?
Dad : Yep. Stomach flu.
Me : Stomach flu makes me hungry?
Dad : Yep. *still reading*
Me : But all the times I've had gastric flu, I've never felt hungry. Actually I felt less hungry.
Dad : It's a stomach flu. I've had it many times. You know when you have flu, your joints ache, when you have stomach flu it's different.
Me : And each time you feel hungry?
Dad : uh huh *still reading*

im guessing his bouts of stomach flu act up every nite jus before he sleeps.......a few coughs, some sniffles, a slice of cake, biscuits, a bowl of instant noodles and there you have it....stomach flu......such a genius, my father.........

now i know what to tell pple each time i sit down with food at odd hours of the day.....i have a stomachache

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home