Sunday, January 08, 2006

My Parents

it had been raining heavily since the early morning and was on my way to the kitchen for lunch with my dad when we walked past my granddad's empty room.........

Me : How come the window is open?
Dad : Cos the air can flow better. Cooler.
Me : But it's raining. The rain is coming in.
Dad : No lah. Is it?
Me : No meh? Then how come the window grilles are dripping wet?
Dad : OH NO~! aiyo aiyo aiyo aiyo~! *runs to get a cloth to wipe the parquet flooring*

those who have parquet/wooden flooring would know that it doesnt go well with water.......

during lunch,
Mum : Where's dad?
Me : Drying the floor in ah gong's room.
Mum : *in her normal voice* Dad, come and eat.
Me : Ma, do you really think he heard you? He's upstairs. We are down here.
Mum : yea. He did.

*Dad walks in*

Dad : Hear what?
Mum : Me calling you.
Dad : Yea. I did.
Mum : See.
Me : He's just ying chou (translated: trying to please) you lah. I don't think he even knows what we are talking abt.
Dad : Talking about wat? *Starts to chow down*
Me : Nothing.
Dad : I know, talking about ying chou. *Continues eating*

after lunch, on my way out of the house i saw my dad using hairdryers and toilet paper trying to dry up the damp patch in the wooden flooring.......stopped by in my parents' room where my mum was playing bejeweled.............

Mum : Where's your father?
Me : Drying the floor with your hairdryers.
Mum : Sometimes I think he enjoys doing that more than anything else.
Me : Really........Now, what gave you that idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home